The water source is the Shirley McClellan Regional Water Line, which is sourced from the Red Deer River, treated at the Town of Stettler Treatment Plant, and distributed through the regional water line.
Effective January 1st, 2017
Fee – $15/mos
Water consumption – $3.50/cube
Residential garbage collection – Wednesdays
Commercial garbage collection – Wednesdays and Fridays
Fee – $22/mos.
Waste Transfer Station:
Tuesday and Thursdays – 1:00pm to 5:00pm
Saturdays – 8:00am to 12:00pm
Big Country Waste Management Commission
Regulations for Waste Transfer Stations:
- DO NOT PLACE GARBAGE AT FRONT OF SITE.
- No hazardous waste
- No burning barrels or residues
- No dead animals
- No motor oil, un-drained filters or cooking oil
- No pesticide containers – empty boxes only
- No deep freezes, air conditioners or refrigerators
- No batteries
- No smoking
- Only small amounts of asphalt shingles
- No loads of dirt, waste, gravel, concrete or rocks, sewage, sludge or grain dust
- No jugs ,containers or barrels with any substance in them
- No loads of wood and demolition material, concrete and shingles in particular
- Four feet maximum lengths. No pallets of demolition larger than 4 feet by 2 feet.
- Only 4 tires per customer. Any larger amounts must be taken to Consort, Oyen, Youngstown or Hanna dry waste site
- Silage plastic should be tied in a large knot.
- Wire fencing – wire that is rolled and tied and no larger than 2 feet by 2 feet and in quanties not exceeding four rolls may be accepted.
- Transfer stations are not designed to accept loads from 3 and 5 ton trucks.
- All loose, blowable material must be bagged before disposal at transfer station or landfill.
- Any questions, contact Sean at 403-779-3890 or 403-857-9300 (cell)
Fee – $14/mos
4912 Windsor Ave.
Residential Service – 310-7353
Business Service – 310-3100
Utilities Consumer Advocate
5th Floor, John E. Brownlee Bldg.
10365 – 97 Street | Edmonton, AB | T5J 3W7
888-218-9015 (good for residents or businesses)